Guitar Center On Stage with Vince Gill Contest
CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. ALL DETERMINATIONS MADE BY CONTEST SPONSOR ARE FINAL. ENTRY INTO THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- OVERVIEW: Guitar Center On Stage with Vince Gill Contest ("Contest") consists of three parts (i) a phase that measures and ranks the online activity of each Entrant’s Submission (as defined below) ("Round One"); (ii) an initial finalist contest round whereby the Judging Panel (as defined below), will judge and choose five (5) Finalists from Round One (the "Finalist Round"); and (iii) a Grand Prize contest whereby a panel of judges, including Vince Gill, will judge and choose the Grand Prize winner from the Finalist Round winners (the " Grand Prize Round"). By participating in the Contest, each Entrant (as defined below) agrees to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to individual musicians who: (i) are legal residents of the contiguous 48 states of the U.S. and the District of Columbia (excluding AK, HI and Puerto Rico); (ii) at the time of entry, are at least 16 years of age or older; (iii) from the time of entry throughout the Contest Period (as defined below) are not, individually or as part of any musical group, under an exclusive recording contract and/or a recording contract with a "major" record label or distributed by a "major" distributor or record label (as determined by Sponsor); (iv) are "Qualified Amateurs"; and (v) did not purchase any equipment for the purposes of entering this Contest ((i)-(iv), collectively, the "Eligibility Criteria"). A "Qualified Amateur" is defined as one who does not earn more than $100,000 in adjusted gross income per year as a professional musician, based on the prior tax year (supporting documentation may be requested to verify). For purposes of clarity, the term "professional musician" does not include teaching music or giving music lessons, and incomes derived therefrom will not be counted in determination of a Contestant’s Qualified Amateur status. For purposes of this Contest, "Designated Agent" means the person who actually submits the Submission (as defined below) on behalf of himself/herself individually or on behalf of an individual which he/she manages. "Entrant" shall mean the individual whose name is entered as the "Entrant" during the registration process and who is featured in the Submission (as defined below). Void in Puerto Rico, Alaska, Hawaii and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Guitar Center Stores, Inc. ("Sponsor"), Amplifier Media, Inc. (" Administrator"), Vince Gil Tours, Inc., Justin Neibank, and other prize providers, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, promotional partners, distributors, web design, advertising, fulfillment and promotion agencies (collectively, the "Affiliated Parties") involved in the administration, development, providing of prizes and execution of this Contest (collectively, " Contest Parties"), and the immediate family members and those living in the same households of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Sponsor and Administrator and their respective Affiliated Parties are hereinafter collectively referred to as the " Contest Parties". Vince Gil Tours, Inc, Justin Neibank, and other prize providers and their respective Affiliated Parties are hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Prize Supporters".
- TIMING: Beginning on February 1, 2016, any potential Entrant may download the eligible Vince Gill Backing Tracks (as defined below) from the Website and begin creating his or her Submission. See the section entitled "How to Participate", below for more details. The Contest begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on February 1, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 PM EST on April 10, 2016 (the "Contest Period"). All Submissions must be entered into the Contest between 12:00:01 AM EST on February 1, 2016 and 11:59:59 PM EST on April 3, 2016 (the " Submission Period"). All Submissions must be received by Sponsor as required herein prior to the expiration of the Submission Period. Administrator’s server shall be official clock of the Contest.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Any Designated Agent may register any Entrant for the Contest by visiting www.guitarcenter.com/onstage (the "Website") and navigating to the Contest registration page. Entrants must be registered members of YouTube in order to enter. Registration is free.
- Once a Submission is created (as described below), the Designated Agent may register an Entrant for the Contest. Navigate to the Website and choose the "Get Started Now" sign-up button, complete the form with Entrants channel name, Entrant’s performing/band name, the first year started, Entrant’s mailing address and phone number. . The Designated Agent will also have to enter his or her name (as the administrator), a valid email address, gender, date of birth, and create a password.
- The video with the Backing Track must remain on Entrant’s YouTube account and in the Contest platform #1 spot, and Entrant must remain a YouTube account holder, through the end of the Contest Period and for a period of at least sixty (60) days thereafter.
- CREATING A SUBMISSION: Visit the Website and download one of the available backing tracks (individually, a "Backing Track", collectively, the " Backing Tracks"). Video tape Entrant’s original guitar performance (and nothing else) to Entrant’s single choice of a Backing Track and upload the video to Entrant’s YouTube account, then submit it for entry into the Contest as described above. In order to be eligible, Submissions must meet the Submission Requirements below.
A submission ("Submission") consists of one (1) video of Entrant’s performance with one (1) Backing Track. Entrants may include up to four (4) additional video(s), each no longer than seven (7) minutes in length, of Entrant performing (either alone or as part of a group) an original musical composition written and controlled primarily by Entrant (the "Song") as part of their Submission. Submitting additional videos with the Submission, other than the Backing Track video, is completely optional and will not increase your chances of winning.
ONLY ONE SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM EACH ENTRANT . By uploading a Submission in the Contest, Entrants and Designated Agents hereby warrant and represent that the entire Submission meets the following entry requirements (collectively, the "Submission Requirements"):
• Submission may only feature Entrant playing a 4-, 6-, 7-, or 12 – string acoustic or electric guitar, cigar box guitar, lap steel or pedal steel guitar to a single chosen backing track;
• Submission may not include a bass guitar;
• Entrant’s performance to the Backing Track must be original;
• Entrant’s performance to the Backing Track must be solo;
• If a Song is submitted, the Song must be an original work written and controlled primarily by Entrant and Entrant has the right to use and perform the Song throughout the Contest in all regards and grant the rights herein;
• Submission is not sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, and does not contain nudity;
• Submission does not promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
• Submission is not obscene or offensive and does not endorse any form of hate or hate group;
• Submission does not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies, including Contest Parties and Prize Supporters;
• Submission does not contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without written permission, and does not contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
• Submission does not contain copyright protected materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical material or "samples" other than the Backing Tracks provided) without written permission;
• Submission does not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than the Entrant, without written permission;
• Submission does not communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Contest Parties or Prize Supporters wish to associate or otherwise be objectionable or inappropriate as determined by Sponsor; and
• Submission is not and does not depict a violation of any law or regulation.
- SELECTION OF WINNER: Winner selection will occur in three stages, as follows:
ROUND ONE: During the Contest Period, the Contest platform will track each Submission’s popularity using a proprietary ranking algorithm ("online activity"). Online activity tracking will be measured weekly throughout the Contest Period. Each week during the Contest Period, the Contest platform will identify the ten (10) Entrants with the highest online activity during that week (the "Top Ten Weekly" and the "Weekly Ranking" respectively). Each Entrant who’s Submission (i) is in the Top Ten Weekly (in the highest Weekly Ranking) as determined by Administrator and (ii) also meets the Submission Requirements is guaranteed to have at least one (1) Submission be reviewed by the Judging Panel in the Finalist Round. In the event that an Entrant has a Top Ten Weekly ranking in the Weekly Ranking on more than one occasion, the Judging Panel shall also review the next highest ranked Entrant so that there are a total of one hundred (100) Entrants that are guaranteed to have their Backing Track video in their Submission be reviewed by the Judging Panel in the Finalist Round, additional Submission videos, may or may not be reviewed. Any attempt by a Designated Agent or an Entrant and/or his or her family/friends to use fraudulent mechanisms to unfairly affect the outcome, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsor the right to disqualify the Entrant. Entrants will not be notified if they are being judged in the Finalist Round.
FINALIST ROUND: At the end of the Contest Period a qualified panel of judges, which may include Vince Gill and/or other industry professionals and/or Sponsor executives, each possessing knowledge and/or experience concerning guitar performance abilities in the music industry (the " Judging Panel"), as determined by Sponsor, will review and judge the Backing Track Submissions of the top 100 Entrants based on the ranking and process described in Round One above. In the event that the Judging Panel, in its sole discretion, believes that it needs to draw from a larger number of Entrants, the Judging Panel reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to review additional Entrants. Except as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, only the top one hundred (100) Entrants chosen as described in Round One above are guaranteed to be judged by the Judging Panel. On or about June 1, 2016, the Judging Panel will select five (5) potential finalist winners (individually a "Finalist"; collectively, the "Finalists") to advance to the Grand Prize Round based on the Judging Criteria set forth below.
GRAND PRIZE ROUND: The five (5) Finalists will be required to travel to Los Angeles, CA to perform live at a location designated by Sponsor on or around the summer of 2016 as determined by Sponsor (the "Finalist Performance") to compete for a chance to win the Grand Prize (each a " Finalist Prize"). The Judging Panel will choose the Grand Prize winning Entrant (the "Winner") from the Finalists using the Judging Criteria described below. Finalists may, upon request, be required to interview with the Judging Panel, or such other individuals as determined by Sponsor in order to better evaluate the Finalists on the Judging Criteria for commercial viability. The potential Winner will be announced live after all Finalists have performed.
- JUDGING CRITERIA: The Finalists and Winner will be selected by the Judging Panel based on the following criteria: (i) authenticity; (ii) technique; (iii) style; and (iv) presence (collectively, the "Judging Criteria"). In addition to the above Judging Criteria, the Grand Prize Round judging criteria will also include "crowd reaction to the Finalist’s performance". The Judging Panel will decide the Winner at their sole discretion. One Winner will be selected. THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGING PANEL ARE FINAL AND BINDING AS TO ALL ENTRANTS AND DESIGNATED AGENTS.
- SELECTION OF FINALISTS; NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: Potential Finalist winners will be notified on or about June 1, 2016, by telephone and/or email using the contact information provided during registration by the Designated Agent, that they have been selected to potentially advance to the Grand Prize Round. Potential Finalists will then be provided with (i) an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity agreement and (ii) any additional documentation required by Sponsor (the "Releases"). Additional documentation may include, but are not limited to, agreements with Vince Gill and/or Justin Neibank in case Entrant is chosen as the Winner and any other customary documentation requested by Sponsor or its prize providers. All Releases and other required forms must be returned by Entrant within five (5) calendar days of the date of notification or other date provided by Sponsor in order for the Entrant can be confirmed as eligible to advance to the Grand Prize Round. All Finalists must be available to travel to Los Angeles, CA to participate in the Finalist Performance and, if chosen as the Grand Prize Winner, to travel to Los Angeles, CA on a date(s) selected by Sponsor and Vince Gill to perform in the Opening Performance and to record the EP Recording (tentatively Summer 2016). Potential Finalists who (a) fail to execute required documentation in the designated time period; (b) have their prize notification returned; (c) do not respond to Sponsor’s notification within five (5) calendar days of notification or such other time period provided by Sponsor; (d) are unavailable to travel to the Finalist Round performance, Opening Performance or to record the EP Recording (if chosen as the Winner) in Los Angeles; or (e) otherwise are found to have violated the Official Rules or to have otherwise become ineligible will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate potential Finalist. If at any time and for any reason a Finalist becomes ineligible or unable to participate in the Finalist Performance, Sponsor will use reasonable efforts, time and circumstances permitting, to choose an alternative Finalist based on the Finalist Round process described above.
FIVE (5) FINALIST PRIZES: Five (5) Finalist Entrants will each receive
- One trip to Los Angeles, CA ("Finalist Trip") to perform at the Finalist Performance (each, a "Finalist Prize"). Finalist Trip will include round trip coach airfare (from a major airport hub within the continental United States), hotel (3 days, 2 nights), and ground transportation to and from the airport and the Finalist Performance. If winning Entrant lives within a 300-mile radius of the Finalist Trip location, ground transportation may be provided in lieu of air transportation, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and no additional compensation will be provided in place of the air transportation portion of the prize. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of the Finalist Performance is indeterminable. The ARV of the Finalist Trip is $1500.
- Boss BD-2W Blues Driver pedal ($149)
- Boss DD-3 Digital Delay ($129)
- Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer ($99)
- Boss BCB-30 Pedal Board ($35)
- D’Addario 1-year supply winner’s choice of strings- 52 sets ($510)
- Dunlop 1,000 custom print picks ($700)
- Fender Deluxe Ash Butterscotch Blonde Telecaster ($699)
- Fender Champion 100 Combo Amp ($329)
- Martin Dreadnought Jr. Acoustic/Electric guitar ($599)
- Shure KSM8 Dualdyne Dynamic Microphone ($499)
- Shure MV51 Motiv Digital Large Diaphragm Condenser ($249)
- Shure SE-215 Dynamic Microdriver Earphones ($99)
- Planet Waves Guitar accessory pack, consisting of:
- 100 custom art picks($69)
- (4) 15’ American Stage instrument cables ($99)
- PWCP10 Artist Capo ($14)
- String change kit ($35)
- Fast track leather strap ($100)
- Varigrip finger exerciser ($15)
- O Port Soundhole Tone enhancer ($20)
- (2) 20’ American Stage microphone cables ($80)
- (2) PWCT10 headstock tuners ($40)
Total ARV of each Finalist Prize: $6,068
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded and will consist of:
- An opening performance slot for Vince Gill in Los Angeles (the "Opening Performance"). The ARV of the Opening Performance slot is indeterminable. The Opening Performance will include round-trip coach airfare from the nearest metropolitan airport for the Winner; transportation from airport to hotel and to and from hotel to the Opening Performance; single-room/double-occupancy hotel accommodations of Sponsor’s choice for three (3) days and two (2) nights. If Winner lives within a 300-mile radius of the Opening Performance location, round-trip ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air transportation and no additional compensation will be provided in place of the air transportation portion of the prize. The ARV of the travel portion of the Opening Performance is $2,500;
- A trip to Los Angeles, CA ("EP Trip") to record a single produced by Justin Neibank (the "EP Recording"), including studio time, engineer, and mixing. EP Trip will include round trip coach airfare from the nearest metropolitan airport for the Winner; transportation from airport to hotel and to and from hotel to recording studio; double occupancy hotel accommodations of Sponsor’s choice; duration of EP Recording and Trip to be determined by Sponsor, but shall be no more than seven (7) days’ time. If Winner lives within a 300-mile radius of the EP Trip location, round-trip ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air transportation and no additional compensation will be provided in place of the air transportation portion of the prize. The ARV of the EP Trip is $6,900. The ARV of the EP Recording is indeterminable.
- $10,000 cash;
- Meeting with Universal Music Group (indeterminable)
- Feature with Guitar World Magazine (indeterminable)
- Boss BCB60 pedal board ($169)
- Boss TU-3 pedal tuner ($99)
- Boss BD-2W Blues Driver ($149)
- Boss SD-1W Super OverDrive pedal ($149)
- Boss CH-1 Super Chorus ($99)
- Boss DM-2W Delay ($149)
- Boss RC-1 Loop station ($99)
- D’Addaro 2 year supply of winner’s choice of strings- 104 sets ($1020)
- Dunlop M169 Carbon Copy pedal ($149)
- Dunlop M234 Analog Chorus ($99)
- Dunlop M101 Phase 90 ($80)
- Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X) Effects pedal ($120)
- Fender American Standard Sunburst Stratocaster ($1299)
- Fender ’68 Custom Deluxe Reverb 22W 1x12 Tube Combo amp ($1049)
- Martin HD-28V Dreadnought Acoustic Electric guitar ($2999)
- Shure KSM42 Cardioid Condenser Mic ($799)
- Shure KSM137 Cardioid Studio Condenser ($299)
- Shure SE535 Sound Isolating Earphones ($499)
- Shure SRH1540 Professional Closed-Back Headphones ($499)
- Shure Super 55 Dynamic Microphone ($249)
- Shure MV51 Motiv Digital Large Diaphragm Condenser ($249)
- Planet Waves Grand Accessory Pack, consisting of:
- (6) 15’ American Stage Instrument Cables ($150)
- PWCP09 Tri-Action Capo ($14)
- Pad Lock strap ($19)
- Dynaflex finger fitness exerciser ($25)
- (4) 20’ American Stage Microphone Cables ($160)
- (2) PWCT10 Headstock tuners ($40)
- (2) PWCT12 Headstock tuners ($25)
- (2) Two way humidification systems ($60)
- Cable station pedal board kit ($60)
Total ARV of the Grand Prize is $30,275
- ADDITIONAL PRIZE TERMS:
Unless specifically stated above, Winner and Finalists are responsible for all other costs and expenses associated with the prizes, including, but not limited to, transportation, set up and provision of instruments (if any), transportation/transfers to and from their respective residences, airports, and hotels; any taxes, duties, fees, or other charges imposed by airlines, hotels and governmental bodies; food; gratuities; personal conveniences and expenses; and insurance. All travel dates and travel and hotel arrangements are subject to change and availability, holiday and blackout dates. Additional travel conditions, limitations, and restrictions may apply. Sponsor is not responsible for flight cancellations or delays. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates, or prize items.
Actual retail value of the travel portions of the prizes will vary depending on the Finalists’ and Winner's residences and may fluctuate due to market conditions, changes in value of components (e.g., air transportation and hotel rates), and other reasons; actual retail value at time of actual prize award may be different than ARV stated herein due to such conditions. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value of prizes will not be awarded. Selection of airline, hotel, dates of travel and other transportation are solely within Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner and Finalists are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective prizes. Winner and Finalists will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. No cash equivalent or substitution of any prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, through no fault of Finalist or Winner, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute such prize with another prize of equal or greater value, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Opening Performance is subject to tour dates and Vince Gill’s availability. Sponsor has the right to substitute Opening Performance locations in its sole discretion. The prizes are a single indivisible package; and any refusal of a Finalist or the Winner (or potential Finalist or potential Winner as the case may be) to accept any terms or any portion of a prize package or any attempt to transfer, sell, fail to cooperate with, renounce, repudiate and/or refuse any part of a prize package may immediately disqualify the Finalist or Winner (or potential Finalist/Winner) from the Contest and/or cause such Finalist/Winner (or potential Finalist/Winner) to forfeit all or any portion of the prize package in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event of disqualification of the Winner, Sponsor may select the Entrant with the next highest Finalist ranking as determined by the Judging Panel during the Grand Prize Round as the alternate potential Winner. In the event a Finalist or the Winner are unable for any reason to attend or complete the Finalist Performance and/or Opening Performance and EP Recording, through no fault of Sponsor, then all or any remaining portion of such prize shall be forfeited and the Contest Parties shall have no further obligation or liability to Finalist or Winner with respect to said prize. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
- ENTRANT REPRESENTATIONS, GRANT OF RIGHTS: BY SUBMITTING A SUBMISSION, ENTRANTS AND DESIGNATED AGENTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT (A) THE SUBMISSION MAY BE POSTED, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION, ON CONTEST PARTIES’ AND/OR SPONSOR’S AND/OR PRIZE SUPPORTERS’ WEBSITE(S) IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, SUBJECT TO YOUTUBE’S LICENSING AGREEMENT AND AVAILABILITY OF THE SUBMISSION ON THE YOUTUBE WEBSITE; AND (B) THE FINALIST PERFORMANCE AND THE EP RECORDING MAY BE POSTED ON CONTEST PARTIES’ AND/OR PRIZE SUPPORTERS’ WEBSITE(S) AND OTHERWISE PUBLISHED, AIRED OR DISPLAYED BY CONTEST PARTIES AND/OR PRIZE SUPPORTERS’ IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST. Entrants and Designated Agent warrant and represent that their entry into the Contest and/or winning of any prize does not and will not violate the terms of any agreement to which they are a party, including but not limited to, any music publishing agreement, distribution agreement, recording agreement, production agreement, or union or guild agreement, or conflict with any other obligation of Entrants or Designated Agent. Further, Entrants and Designated Agents warrant and represent that the Submission: (i) is Entrant’s original work (aside from the Backing Track itself); (ii) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (iii) Designated Agents have obtained written permission from Entrant to enter Entrant (and his/her Submission) in Contest; and (iv) the publication of the Submission via various media (including web posting) will not infringe the rights of any third party. EACH ENTRANT AND SUCH ENTRANT’S DESIGNATED AGENT (IF APPLICABLE) WILL, JOINTLY AND SEVERALLY, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS (I.E., EACH OF ENTRANT AND SUCH ENTRANT’S AGENT WILL BE FULLY LIABLE, INDIVIDUALLY, TO PAY ANY AND ALL DAMAGES), SPONSOR AND THE OTHER CONTEST PARTIES AND/OR PRIZE SUPPORTERS FROM ANY FEES, ROYALTIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (COLLECTIVELY, "AND/OR PRIZE SUPPORTERS FROM ANY FEES, ROYALTIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (COLLECTIVELY, "COSTS") ARISING OUT OF") ARISING OUT OF ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, LAWSUITS, COMPLAINTS, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, ("CLAIMS") TO THE CONTRARY AND ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ENTRANT’S SUBMISSION OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR THE CONTEST PARTIES’ OR PRIZE SUPPORTERS’ EXERCISE OF THE RIGHTS GRANTED AND CONTEMPLATED HEREIN.
By submitting a Submission and thereby entering the Contest, Entrants and Designated Agents grant to each of the Contest Parties and each of the Prize Supporters a worldwide, perpetual, unlimited, irrevocable, royalty-free right and license to use, display, distribute, reproduce, host, transmit, publish and publicly perform (and Entrants and Designated Agents grants all necessary rights required to make such use, including but not limited to distribution rights, synchronization rights and all master recording rights), their individual name (first and/or last), musical stage/band name (if any), hometown, place of residence, entry information uploaded to the Website, the Submission, the songs produced pursuant to the EP Recording, photo, image, voice, and likeness, in connection with the Contest and/or Submission in any manner and in any media and content whether now existing or later invented without any restrictions, including without limitation, in future trade, publicity and/or advertising for such Contest Parties and/or Prize Supporters products and/or services, unless prohibited by law. Entrants and Designated Agents further agree: (i) that Contest Parties and/or Prize Supporters may exercise any and all rights hereunder without attribution, notification or compensation to Entrants or Designated Agents; (ii) that Contest Parties shall have the right to freely assign their rights hereunder, in whole or in part, to any other person or entity, without notification or approval by Entrant or Designated Agent; (iii) that Contest Parties shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use the Submission, Finalist Performance or songs produced pursuant to the EP Recording in any manner (other than as expressly stated herein) and Entrants and Designated Agent shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason of Contest Parties and/or Prize Supporters use or non-use of Entrants' Submission or Finalist Performance; (iv) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges; (v) that Entrants and Designated Agent may be contacted by Contest Parties and/or Prize Supporters by telephone, mail or email regarding this Contest; and (vi) to sign and deliver to Contest Parties such documents as Contest Parties and/or Prize Supporters may reasonably require to effectuate the rights granted herein and/or verify the obligations of Entrant hereunder.
Finalists and Winner acknowledge and agree that the Finalist Performance, Opening Performance and/or EP Recording may be recorded by the Contest Parties and/or Prize Supporters in electronic, audio and/or video formats for possible broadcast on television, the Internet and any and all media whether now existing or later invented. As between Sponsor and Finalists (and Winner), Sponsor or its designee shall own any and all rights to such recordings and may use such recordings, in whole or in part, for any lawful purpose without further notice or compensation to Finalists or Winner. Finalists and Winner, agree that upon request they will execute any and all such documents or taken any such actions deemed necessary by Sponsor to effect, record or perfect Sponsor’s, or its designee’s, ownership rights to such recordings.
- GENERAL TERMS: Sponsor or its designated representative has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor/screen entries and Entrant’s Contest account. By entering, Entrant and Designated Agent acknowledge that Sponsor and Administrator have no obligation to use or post any Submission or permit any Entrant to participate who enters a Submission that violates or is not eligible under these Official Rules. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest or any portion thereof. any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this CONTEST, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws – and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Proof of entering or making a Submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor of entry. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all Submissions affected by such methods and be deemed tampering. Persons engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By participating, Entrants and Designated Agents agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Judging Panel and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. In addition, Entrants and Designated Agents agree to receive news and offers from Sponsor and Sponsor’s affiliates and promotional supporters. Sponsor reserves the right to make changes or additions to these Official Rules and/or change the dates of the Contest at any time. This Contest is offered only in the contiguous 48 states of the U.S. and the District of Columbia, and is governed by the laws of the State of California. By entering, Entrants and Designated Agents consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Los Angeles, California for the resolution of any disputes.
THE ENFORCEMENT AND INTERPRETATION OF THESE CONTEST RULES SHALL BE EXCLUSIVELY DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. ALL ENTRANTS AND DESIGNATED AGENTS AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL SUCH SPONSOR DETERMINATIONS AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SUCH DETERMINATIONS ARE FINAL AND NON-APPEALABLE.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: Sponsor and other Contest Parties and/or Prize Supporters are not responsible for: (i) technical problems or technical malfunction which may affect the operation of the Contest, including but not limited to any of the following occurrences (a) hardware or software errors; (b) faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; (c) errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; (d) garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; (e) failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent to or received; (f) any inability to upload or download any information in connection with participation in the Contest; (g) inaccessibility of Contest platform the Website, in whole or in part for any reason, or traffic congestions on the Internet; (h) lost, late, delayed, corrupted or intercepted e-mail or Submission transmissions; (i) unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; (j) destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an account used in connection with the Contest, including but not limited to, undeliverable contact attempts that result from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user’s account to receive e-mail; (k) any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Website or Contest platform; (ii) flood, earthquake or other acts of God; (iii) work stoppages or other labor interruptions; or (iv) any personal injury, or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Website, Contest platform or the download of any information from the Website or Contest platform.
Entrant acknowledges that Sponsor and other Contest Parties and/or Prize Supporters, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, and prize providers (collectively "Released Parties" and individually "Released Party") maintain no control over the personnel, equipment, or operation of any air, water or surface carrier, ship line, bus or limousine company, transportation company, hotel, restaurant, or other person or entity furnishing services, products, or accommodations supplied by others as a part of the Contest. Entrant and Designated Agent agree that Released Parties shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (i) by any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other suppliers or any of their agents, servants, employees, or independent contractors (collectively, "Suppliers"); (ii) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, accessories, instrumentality, service, product, or accommodation that is owned, operated, furnished, or used by any of those Suppliers; (iii) by the wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not directly employed by that Released Party; or (iv) by any cause, condition, or event whatsoever beyond the control of that Released Party. Entrant and Designated Agent hereby waive, release and discharge each Released Party from and against any claims, damages or liability, even if caused by the negligence or willful misconduct of the Released Party, for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity arising out of or relating to any person (including, but not limited to, death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related activity or from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize.
By entering the Contest, Entrants and Designated Agents acknowledge that they are familiar with the provisions of California Civil Code Section 1542, which provides as follows:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
Accordingly, by entering the Contest, Entrants and Designated Agents (on their behalf and on behalf of their heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns of any of the foregoing, and all other persons and entities asserting rights of or acting on behalf of the entrant) hereby waive and relinquish any right or benefit which Entrant, Designated Agent or such persons has, have or may have against Sponsor and the other Contest Parties and/or Prize Supporters under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California, or under any similar statutory or common law of any other jurisdiction to the full extent that any such person may lawfully waive such rights and benefits pertaining to the releases set forth in these Official Rules, the Website and the Contest platform TOU and applicable privacy policies.
In the event of early termination of the Contest for any reason at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a notice will be posted on the Website and Contest platform judging will be conducted from among the eligible Entrants received prior to termination using the process described in Paragraphs 5 and 6.
- WINNERS LIST: For a winner’s list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: "Guitar Center On Stage with Vince Gill 2016 Contest" Winner's List c/o Guitar Center Stores, Inc., P.O. Box 5111, Thousand Oaks, CA 91359-5111, to be received no later than August 31, 2016.
- SPONSOR: Guitar Center Stores, Inc., 5795 Lindero Canyon Road, Westlake Village, CA 91362
- ADMINISTRATOR : Amplifier Media, Inc., 99 Madison Avenue, Fifth Floor, New York, NY 10016
TM and © 2016. Guitar Center Stores, Inc. All rights reserved.